Launch and study projectiles, then record your measurements with our specially programmed tablets, and quickly interpret your results.
Using ball bearing projectiles, discover how the angle of launch affects the distance travelled - then predict the safest angle at which to launch in order for the projectile to land safely.
Lessons and activities include:
- Discuss projectiles and forces acting on an object travelling through the air
- Launch ball bearings at different angles and measure distances travelled
- Collect data using specially programmed tablets
- Interpret data from a graph of results
- Discuss any anomalous results and evaluate procedure
- Predict a suitable firing angle and corresponding distance to place the safety net
- Test predictions using a model safety net
Suitable for the following key stages:
- Key Stage 2
- Key Stage 3
- Key Stage 4
Would you like to become a sponsor? Click here.